Join the Journal of Fair Trade Society & Help build back fairer!
The Journal of Fair Trade strives to publish a wide range of voices on building economic systems, practices, ideas and approaches to trade that are fair for people and planet whilst becoming a credible and important voice within vital global debate, dialogue and change. The Journal of Fair Trade Society membership organisation owns and runs the Journal of Fair Trade with support from the Pluto Educational Trust. Join as a member of the Journal of Fair Trade Society which encompasses a community with a shared passion for Fair Trade.
Becoming a member is the best support you can give. Alternatively, if you would like to support without becoming a member we would welcome your generous supporting donation particularly to help us get the Fair Trade Society up-and-running and support the Journal of Fair Trade being an Open Access publication! Click here to read more and donate https://plutoeducationaltrust.org/journal-fair-trade
The Fair Trade Society is the non-profit, global membership organisation that owns the Journal of Fair Trade. The Journal and Society have been supported financially and administratively since 2018 by The Pluto Educational Trust and the pioneer members who have joined and made donations. The Editor in Chief and the Editorial Board is not paid. The Advisory Board is voluntary.
The goal for our fundraising and use donations to is to be able to fund and support these activities :
- development of the Fair Trade Society as a member-run organisation through engaging and building dialogue and debate, visibility and direction from an Advisory Board of Society members.
- through the Advisory Board Chair and members to create connections, opportunities and dialogue across the Society and Journal.
- building and managing Journal and Society communications, social media, public relations and outreach within the Society and wider.
- through volunteer coordination and support to build awareness and dialogue in specific locations and targeting a range of global actors while also focusing locally.
What does being a member mean?
A member is expected to pay their dues each year in US$, £ or €. Payment can be annual or in smaller amounts each month. There are different rates for different types of membership.
When you join the Fair Trade Society, you become a shareholder in the Society that owns and runs the Journal of Fair Trade.
All members are considered equal members of The Fair Trade Society, no matter what they have paid.
Members’ rights are:
• Full access to the Journal, topic recommendation, contributor recommendation,
• The right to join the Advisory Board (by invitation and/or election)
• The right to post information on the JOFT website within specified categories e.g. News, Inspiration, Resources, Jobs, Events
• To present and represent Fair Trade Society members in forums and events
• To make proposals for activities and projects
• Attend the AGM and receive annual reports and financials of the JOFT and Fair Trade Society
The constitution of the Fair Trade Society is being developed and the DRAFT CONSTITUTION will be added to this site shortly.
If you would like to be part of the Working Group [consultation and discussion process] please get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org
The founding Fair Trade Society Annual General Meeting will be held online in early 2022.
The Advisory Board: our current Advisory Board has provided terrific support for the efforts to set up this new Journal and to get things going during the first three years.
They will step down and hand over to a new Advisory Board made up of Society members in early 2022.