Join the JoFT Society and secure the long-term future of this work
The Journal of Fair Trade strives to publish a wide range of voices on building economic systems, practices, ideas and approaches to trade that are fair for people and planet whilst becoming a credible and important voice within vital global debate, dialogue and change. The Journal of Fair Trade Society membership organisation owns and runs the Journal of Fair Trade with support from the Pluto Educational Trust. Join as a member of the Journal of Fair Trade Society which encompasses a community with a shared passion for Fair Trade.
What does being a member of JoFT Society mean?
A member is expected to pay their dues each year in US$, £ or €. Payment can be annual or in smaller amounts each month. There are different rates for different types of membership.
The JoFT Society is part of our strategy to secure the long-term future of this work. The Society de facto owns and runs the Journal of Fair Trade.
All members are considered equal members of The Journal of Fair Trade Society, no matter what they have paid.
Members’ rights are:
• The right to join the Advisory Board (by invitation and/or election)
• The right to post information on the JOFT Society website within specified categories e.g. News, Inspiration, Resources, Jobs, Events
• To present and represent Journal of Fair Trade Society in forums and events
• To make proposals for activities and projects
• Attend the AGM and receive annual reports and financials of the Journal of Fair Trade Society
The founding Journal of Fair Trade Society meets twice a year in May and November.
The Advisory Board: our current Advisory Board has provided terrific support for the efforts to set up this new Journal and to get things going during the first three years. They will step down and hand over to a new Advisory Board made up of Society members in 2023.
If you would like join a Working Group and have time to help us please get in touch email@example.com